Saturday, December 15, 2012

Trashie Denim Deigned by Vickie Long

Founder of Trashie Denim Ms. Vickie Long, I know her as Aunt Vickie
was inspired to EMBRACE her Natural Beauty by developing her own denim line.
 
Q:Where do you get your inspiration?
A: My inspiration came from noticing ripped jeans costing too much. The pair of jeans I wanted cost $500-$1,000. I was inspired by saying "I can do this"
Q:When did you realize you wanted to become a fashion designer and how long have you worked as a designer?
A: I've been designing clothes for over 30 years. I am always putting different pieces together. I've always wore jeans. I've always loved fashion and denim. My bedroom growing up was denim. Jean have been a part of my life. I didn't go to many parties because the attire was "No Jeans". I've been wearing wholly jeans all my life. I hosted a party in 2005 or 2006 called Riches to Rags and every one had on ripped up jeans that I designed.
(Trashie Denim Jeans & Jacket set)

( Dress up Trashie Denim with accessories)
Q: Describe the general process you go through to design and realize a piece of clothing?
A: Trashie Denim is the type of jeans that you dress it up or down! And keep it moving!! I always look at different clothing magazines & want to redesign the clothing by adding my special touch. I love Levis plain  jeans"dress down" & Ralph Lauren jeans "dress up". I redesign and rip up name brand jeans. I also search the Internet for designers to check to see what is my competition. I design on paper & dreams. I don't not have a production line its only me!! :)
Designing Trashie Denim Steps:
  • Get a pair of denim
  • Rip them up to my customers liking or mine (with my special tool)
  • Clorox the jeans
  • Wash & Dry the jeans
When the jeans are ready I am smiling at my creation.
(High Waist Trashie Denim Jeans By Vickie Long)

Q: Where do you buy your fabrics and other sewing materials?
A:  I go thrifting just about everyday to purchase different styles of denim and jeans. I get my other supplies from Michael's & Hobby Lobby.
Q: How would you define your personal style?
A:  I make sure all my customers are happy!! I enjoy talking & meeting people. I never meet strangers. I am a very friendly people's person and I will give you 1/2 of my last.
Q:What are some of your fashion goals?
A: Some of my fashion goals are to make affordable Trashie Denim for all type of income customers. I don't want anyone to hesitate to buy a pair of Trashie Denim because of my prices. But when I blow up it will be just a little higher but still affordable and there you have it Vickie Long CEO of Trashie Denim. I am adding color to my Trashie Denim Jeans.  My jewelry line is coming soon. I make Trashie Denim bracelets &  earring  too.
 
Q: Where can readers buy a pair of your Trashie Denim Jeans?
A: You can email me at trashiedenim2u@gmail.com. I am on Instagram @Vickielong. My website/blog is coming very soon. Trashie Denim is mobile so, you can contact to me if you would like for me to set up a vendor table or booth.  Oh one more thing Trashie Denim is customized clothing and one of kind pieces for any shape or size.

Thank you so much Aunt Vickie for sharing your inspiration of Trashie Denim with us! Natural Beauties, if you have a story to share with the group please feel free to email me at tierra@tierranicole.com.
-Here to inspire others to embrace their natural beauty through hair, fitness/health, fashion, self-confidence, motivation and life. Do what comes naturally. You can find me at www.tierranicole.com or “Like” my page on Facebook Tierra Nicole http://www.facebook.com/tierranstith . Follow me on Twitter/Instagram @Tierranstith For inquires tierra@tierranicole.com
Your beauty comes from within. You are who You are & You are Natural
~ Tierra Nicole

2 comments: