Saturday, March 9, 2013

Natural Beauty Sarah Coleman's Weight Loss Journey

Natural Beauty Sarah is a 23 year old graduate student living in the Washington D.C area. She began her weight loss journey a year ago and has lost approximately 35 pounds. Sarah credits a great deal of her weight loss to cutting out processed foods and increasing the amount of whole grains, fruits, and vegetables in her diet. This journey has encouraged her to attempt things she has never thought she could accomplish. 
 
 
 
Q: What inspired you to being this extreme physical fitness journey?
A: Short Answer: My mother. About five years ago my mother began losing weight and turning into a women that I have never seen before. Her journey was the catalyst for me to start my own and it would not have been possible without her.
 
Q: What are you doing to lose the weight?
A:  Eating right and working out. There are no special pills or some instantaneous way to lose weight healthily. Losing weight will not always be easy. There are days where working out is the last in on my mind, and I may not end up doing anything. However, I refuse to let one day off turn into two, then three, and so on. Living a healthy life means making one healthy decision at a time.
 
Q: What are your long term and short term goals?
A: My current short term goal is to complete the Tough Mudder (toughmudder.com). This is a 10-12 mile obstacle course/mud run. My long term goal is to continue to lose weight, gain muscle, and live a healthy lifestyle. 
 
 
 
Q: Since you have started this journey, have you noticed a change in the way you feel?
A: Absolutely! I have found a new level of energy and confidence that I did not know I was missing. I have always been confident in myself, but the confidence I have now far exceeds that of which I possessed before. I think it comes from knowing that I am working to be my best self rather than seeing a particular number on the scale.
 
Q: How often do you excise and what is your excise?
A: My answer to the question varies, especially with my school schedule. However, I attempt to work out three to four times a week. If I cannot work out I try to be strict with my food intake. Currently, I do a mix of High Intensity Interval Training combined with weight lifting. Also, I am trying to increase my running abilities so that I can do the 10-12 mile mud trek!
 
Q: What advice do you have for people who are struggling with weight loss?
A: Physically, incorporate weights into your routine. Until I started working with a trainer, I really had no clue how important weight lifting can be in losing weight. Cardio alone will not be as effective. If you are unsure about weights invest in a trainer or ask a friend who knows his/her way around the weight room!
Mentally, push yourself. The way your body looks is completely up to you. You have the power to push past the limits that either you, society, or others have placed on you. So push. Push through the voices of doubt. Push through the insecurities. Push until you can’t push, then dig deep and push some more. The results are well worth the pain.

Thank you so much Natural Beauty Sarah Coleman for sharing your weight loss journey with us! Natural Beauties, if you have a story to share with the group please feel free to email me at tierra@tierranicole.com.
-Here to inspire others to embrace their natural beauty through hair, fitness/health, fashion, self-confidence, motivation and life. Do what comes naturally. You can find me at www.tierranicole.com or “Like” my page on Facebook Tierra Nicole http://www.facebook.com/tierranstith . Follow me on Twitter/Instagram @Tierranstith For inquires tierra@tierranicole.com  
Your beauty comes from within. You are who You are & You are Natural
 ~ Tierra Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment